rmiller4877

Yuneec quads

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone had experience with the Yuneec line of quads/drones.  I seem to remember Scott Coyle posting a panoramic video taken from a Yuneec drone.

Unfortunately I do not but would be interested as well if anyone has any thoughts on them

I have the Typhoon H Pro w/Intel realsense.  So far, I like it.  I've had minor problems in the beginning that have for the most part been resolved with firmware updates.  The camera/gimbal combo provides very smooth video with no fuss.  DJI is another a very good make IMO.  I cut my teeth on the DJI F550 with Naza M flight controller.  It was rock solid from the beginning and still more trustworthy than the Typhoon.  Typhoon flight is far better now, but early on it did some things in the air that made me question WTF?

Thanks Scott.  I have read quite a bit online about DJI's less than stellar customer support.  Horizon sells the Yuneec products and I have continually been impressed by their customer support.

Have you found the Realsense feature useful?  

I've called Yuneec support direct and can say, for the time being anyway, their support is outstanding.  I haven't really tested the Realsense feature.  It takes a lot of trust that it works and won't lead the craft into a tree.  I see limited use for it unless you want the craft to blindly follow you down a wooded trail or something.  Wish I didn't pay for it as I don't really use it.

Good to hear that you can actually talk to someone at Yuneec.  I have hovered over the "buy" button for a Yuneec quad but have not pulled the trigger.  I appreciate hearing about your experiences.

John Pasquale told me sometime ago that Best Buy had these in the store.  I had forgotten about it, though.  Thanks for the tip.  I will head out there and give them the eyeball test.

Is it possible to use a balancing charger, e.g., HiTec X4 to charge batteries for either Yuneec or DJI quads?

I wouldn't say it is impossible with DJI, it would require making a custom cord to plug the battery in to the charger and even then I am not sure it would work. The DJI are suppose to be "smart" LiPos and the factory cord seems to work fine and batteries stop charging when the reach capacity and are suppose to self discharge to storage level on their own. 

That said Cindy did by a Venom charger so we can charge 4 of them at the same time but it is made specific for the DJI batteries

Review-Venom-P3-Professional-4-Port-Batt

Thanks for the info. Jeremy.  I also discovered that there is an adapter cable for the Yuneec batteries that allows a person to use a standard lipo charger.  Good to know those options are out there.