We currently have open positions available with the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) in Muncie, Indiana. If you are interested in applying, please visit www.modelaircraft.org/employment or email your résumé Human Resources Director April Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foundation Director (reports to the AMA Executive Director)
Actively collaborate with the Foundation Board of Directors and AMA Executive Director to implement, perform, and evaluate fundraising and philanthropic efforts that align with AMA and the AMA Foundation’s mission and bylaws.
- Implement, perform, and evaluate all fundraising activities. Actively monitor and ensure that goals are being achieved.
- Development and execution of a fundraising efforts, including outside of the AMA community, with both individual and institutional prospects.
- Seek vendor donations, major gifts, planned estate giving, and capital campaigns for museum, education, and AMA programming.
- Develop annual Development Program of Work and budget.
- In consultation with the Executive Director, recruit, interview, select, and manage well-qualified staff.
- Work with staff to manage existing grants and secure new grants.
Web Administrator (Reports to Information Technologies Manager)
- Upgrades websites by consulting with vendors; develops, tests, evaluates, and installs enhancements and new software.
- Administers web projects; gathers requirements from internal staff; defines use cases; develops and tests solutions; doc*ments and trains staff on new procedures
- Secures web system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishes and tests disaster recovery policies and procedures; completes website backups; maintains doc*mentation.
- Writes and formats web content using Drupal 7/8 to meet staff goals.
- Develops new ways for members to access their data within the AMA’s association management system by consuming its web services via SOAP.
- Maintains existing connections to external vendors via their established APIs.
- Learns and understands the AMA’s business rules and verifies that web systems implement those rules correctly.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking emerging internet technologies and participating in educational opportunities.
- Interfaces with internal or external clients to troubleshoot web problems and answers or distributes web trouble tickets.
- Responsible for identifying risks that are associated with projects and communicating them to the appropriate people.
- Install software for local and server machines as needed for business needs.