Grandview Burial Notice

In order to maintain good relations with Grandview Cemetery directly to the west of the flying field, there is to be no model flying at the CCRCC model air park during funerals that are taking place with the exception of SMALL, LOW SPEED electric powered aircraft. These small aircraft must remain within the bounds of the field.  I will do my best to keep this page up to date with notices I receive, but the list posted at the clubhouse should be checked before flying for more current updates.

Friday 1/18/19 - 11 AM

Saturday 1/19/19 - 1 PM

Saturday 1/19/19 - 2 PM

Stop flying 15 minutes before the burial time. If possible, visually check 45 minutes after burial starts to insure it is actually over.

Sign in to follow this  
Mike Trautman

12v / 24v Switch

12v / 24v Switching for Starter Motors

Sullivan starters that can utilize 12 to 24 volts can be useful for starting larger engines. The Dynatron motor is rated up to 40cc, and the Megatron starter can be used up to 80cc. Typically two 12v batteries are connected in series to provide 24volt operation.

Sometimes 12volts is sufficient to start smaller engines. The lower power and RPM can be desirable. Also, a 24 volt charger is not nearly as readily available or as inexpensive as the wide variety of 12v chargers on the market.

The best solution may be to charge two 12v batteries in parallel but connect the batteries in series when 24 volts are required. An inexpensive switch can make these connections simple and easy. You need a DPDT switch, available at any hardware or electronics store.

Here is the wiring diagram you need to make the required connections. Note this diagram shows a transformer instead of batteries as the power source, but the connections are the same. (Credit goes to Sandy Thompson for the original drawing of the circuit I used for my batteries.)

12v24vSwitch.thumb.JPG.7f015d2637c2ff53946cb5a99d943dda.JPGHappy Landings! Mike Trautman