Sign in to follow this  
IVanier

Nano Talon Crash Repair

Posted (edited)

I crashed the Nano Talon pretty good. It stayed broken just long enough to justify buying a full replacement. I have an untouched spare  fuselage but of course I had to snap a wing spar this time. I extracted it, flipped it around, and glued it back in.

I'm not quite sure how I tanked it so hard. I think I may have hand launched with auto stabilizer off - because I don't like the servos trying to stabilize all the way up to the launch. Normally I launch with it on and switch to manual once I have a good trajectory. So I was expecting gentle control throws that I didn't get. Then I flew in front of the sun right as the wind flipped me. The end :)

20190613_224846.jpg

20190613_225909.jpg

Edited by IVanier
  • Sad 1

I had a secondary repair to make from the same crash. I tried gluing one if the tail actuators back to the foam, but some glue got inside and bound it up. I found this printable part, and while it's not pretty, the tolerances are tighter than original. I think I'm going to try a couple more iterations just to learn some finishing techniques.

I got to test the repairs at the field today and everything is air worthy again.

20190616_152907.jpg

20190616_161248.jpg

• Like 1