Sign in to follow this  
JShumate

quads for delivery

What is your thoughts on quads being used for deliveries?

Personally with current technology outside of military tech I think it is not a very feasible idea. At some point in the future maybe it'll be a good and safe idea. It has the potential to reduce the amount of fuel needed daily to deliver small items and perhaps be more timely in deliveries. And while it may see a change in the amount of people needed to drive a truck, it would open jobs as well for quad operators. 

Either way, the setup in the video looks cool.

While it is very cool technology and I personally embrace it, I just don't see the economics of drones replacing existing land-based vehicles including motorcycle/bicycle carriers (local package delivery),  Maybe in the future and you have to start somewhere, right?  I DO however see huge economic savings with drones performing the jobs that would have previously required full-scale aircraft (aerial photography & survey, aerial search & rescue, etc.).

Being the rotten kid I was, I would have been out there throwing a net over one of these after it landed to drop off a package.  :P

Edited by scoyle